Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Dr Seuss

Today is Dr Seuss's birthday.....did you know that? I never would have know except for the fact my littlest came home with a note from school inviting us to make a cake to celebrate. Yes, it is a contest. They have 3 different categories and then at the bottom of the entry form is a note stating that if they (the judges) really like a cake that doesn't go under any category they will award a prize for that too. Well, that is easy enough.
So we, as a family had to decide what to make. Well, as a family our favorite Dr. Seuss book is "Green Eggs and Ham". And so the planning began. I asked the kids to draw a picture of what they want the cake to look like. Nothing too elaborate, the kids do have to help make it!
Everything went pretty well. The fondant got a little dry while rolling it out and the fork broke in two places. I'm going to guess it happened because the gum paste only had about 2 days to dry.
So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR. SEUSS!!
Please leave a comment to let me know which Dr. Seuss book is your favorite...It would be fun to know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How much fun is this lol. I love the green eggs! Love it!